Did you know four schools in Project L.I.F.T. follow a Continuous Learning Calendar? That means they go year round!
A Continuous Learning Calendar (CLC) is different from a traditional school calendar: it starts earlier, sometimes ends later and features breaks called intercessions, where students return to school for enrichment activities.
Here’s what you need to know about the 2016-2017 CLC schedules:
- For Bruns Academy and Walter G. Byers SCHOOL STARTS on July 25, 2016, and will end June 9, 2017. (Click here for the complete calendar). These schools 180 have instructional days, just like schools that follow a traditional calendar.
- For Druid Hills and Thomasboro Academy SCHOOL STARTS on July 25, 2016, and will end June 16, 2017. (Click here for the complete calendar.) In addition to going year round, these schools have 19 additional instructional days.
What are the benefits of a CLC?
- Greater continuity of instruction and less summer learning loss.
- Frequent breaks improve teacher morale and motivation.
- Intercessions provide culturally enriching literacy-based opportunities often unavailable to our scholars.